- Oct 25, 2017
- 2 min read
Top 5 Paint Colours of 2017
Updated: May 28, 2018
We have decorated hundreds of homes in Sheffield from the ultra-modern to Victorian homes and here are the colours we have used the most and are the most popular with our customers in 2017. Farrow & Ball leading the way with their sophisticated colour range.
5. Brinjal is a sophisticated aubergine colour that takes its name from the beautifully deep and shiny skin of the aubergine. It can be used to create a warm and sophisticated finish and is often used as a feature wall to enhance a neutral colour scheme.
4. Hague Blue was used to great effect on the kitchen doors we painted.
This strong blue takes its name from the fantastically coloured woodwork much used by the Dutch.
3. Colour number three is often used in living rooms and staircases to give you that neutral and warm feel. Slipper Satin is a popular off white and takes its name from the delicate colour of silk used in traditional ballet slippers. Almost a putty colour that is neutral that will go with almost any colour. Works well with oak furniture and why not pair it up with a bold colour on a feature wall.
2. We have used this colour to great effect on exterior windows and internal feature walls. Downpipe is a dark lead grey originally inspired by the colour used to paint downpipes and guttering. Fabulous as a background to art.
1. Ammonite the number one paint colour this year and will be well used next year. Great colour for a bedroom. Ammonite is named after the treasured fossils often found on Dorset coast. Neither too warm nor too cool, its subtle grey tone creates a hushed and calming feel in homes both old and new.
Drew Decor are a proud member of Which? Trusted Traders and the Painting and Decorating Association and have been Painting and Decorating Sheffield homes for a good number of years with an excellent reputation.
You can see our customer reviews HERE.
If you would like a proper Painting and Decorating team to decorate your home in Sheffield, please get in touch today. GET A QUOTE.
If you are looking for decorators in Sheffield try Drew Decor painters and decorators in Sheffield. We are the go to decorators in Dore, decorators in Totley, decorators in Fulwood, decorators in Ranmoor, decorators in Lodge Moor, decorators in Bradway, decorators in Crosspool, decorators in Sandygate, decorators in Sheffield.