Buying a property can be an exciting moment in your life. But the hard work starts when re decorating and re styling to your taste. One problem you could encounter is nicotine stains. The Nicotine Nightmare. If the previous owner has smoked in the property you will notice that your ceilings and walls are stained and could also smell.
Just by re painting won’t get rid of the stains as the nicotine will bleed back through your newly painted ceilings and walls, instantly turning them back to yellow. It can be a lengthy process which can prove to be costly, but it is worth doing in order to permanently remove the nicotine stains and smell to achieve a long lasting high quality finish. To solve this problem, we must apply the correct primer to the surface to kill off the stain and smell.
1. All surfaces must be clean and de-greased. You can use sugar soap or Zinsser Universal cleaner & degreaser to remove any contamination. Once de-greased you must wash down with clean water and allow to dry.
2. Now its time to prepare. Fill in any cracks with the appropriate filler and sand down the surface. Remove all dust.
3. Apply two coats of Zinsser Cover Stain and allow to dry.
4. Apply two to three coats of a good quality emulsion to surface.
5. Sit back and admire your Painting and Decorating work.
Drew Decor are a proud member of Which? Trusted Traders and the Painting and Decorating Association and have been Painting and Decorating Sheffield homes for a good number of years with an excellent reputation.
You can see our customer reviews HERE.
If you would like a proper Painting and Decorating team to decorate your home in Sheffield, please get in touch today. GET A QUOTE.
If you are looking for decorators in Sheffield try Drew Decor painters and decorators in Sheffield. We are the go to decorators in Dore, decorators in Totley, decorators in Fulwood, decorators in Ranmoor, decorators in Lodge Moor, decorators in Bradway, decorators in Crosspool, decorators in Sandygate, decorators in Sheffield.